Saturday, April 02, 2005

RES-ERECTION

Un-fricken-believable!
How can a person forget their blog password TWICE!

Well kiddies (as the gringo is known to say) Im back...New password and all, Ahh you can all breathe easy now.

Lots has happened since I forgot my password, my little lucy is now 10 months old, we have sold our house and hopefully purchased another - much nicer one, and gotten lost in the bush. An all round busy time.

Another thing that happened was that I celebrated my 29th Birthday. Now it may not sound that great, but Im pleased its not my 30th, How OLD are those people!Hee Hee.
I received lots of wonderful gifts, in particular the saffire ring from jon, but the one I really want to mention is the...
brace yourselves cos Im gonna have to nerd it up... USB Flash Driver!
Jons dad lent us a 'zip drive' so that I could 'back up' all my recipes I had 'data entried' and all my cake photos I have 'scanned', as we dont have a 'CD burner' on our computer. I hadnt even got around to using it when we went to their house for lunch to celebrate my birthday, and my present was a 'USB Flash Drive'.
Its pretty cool, although I must admit that I had no idea what it was when I opened the present, I did the typical comment for presents your not really sure about - "ohh, its a Flash Driver?".
But once it was explained, I was pretty pleased with my nerdy self.
I was even more pleased to discover that even James (gadget king) didnt even have one!
(We have just realised that if I was a true 'nerd' I would have James' name highlighted and linked to his web page. But I honestly have no idea how that magical kind of thing is done.)
So anyway, today marks 27 days since receiving said 'USB Flash Driver' and I still have no idea how to work the bloody thing!
I have put the little 'CD' in the little ini-outi tray in the 'tower', have 'installed' it, but from there *shrug of shoulders*. HELP. I may have to get a true 'nerd' to come and help me.
Jons dad is another gadget king and would have insalled it and played with it on the very day he received it, not this little black duch though. It took me 24 days to even get it out of the packet, and he thinks I have been merrily using it all along. Whoops. Will have to lie at the lunch tomorrow.

Well gotta go and be a mum, but let me warn you - I have BIG plans for this Blog. Im about to go and learn how to put photo's up on it -I know, I can hear you all saying 'nerd' under a cough, but you just wait and see...

1 comment:

James said...

You seemed to have worked out the linking thing now I see.

I know, I know, the world hates a smartass