Monday, April 18, 2005

gktlkl*ljl( lsjg$lkms@ gja''j..................................zzzzz

Phew...thank goodness that fortnight is over! My brain is completely scrambled due to lack of sleep and well just doing what I do best, squeezing far too much in. Hence I had no idea what to call this blog, so I wrote what I was feeling.

My fortnight of hell started thursday 7th April...first day back at work in 11 months.
Then friday it was up at 5.50am, an hour of the day I hadnt seen ohh in 3 years, to do it all again.
Then off to scrap camp, scrapping scrapping all day till 1am.
Coming home only meant wifely stuff... washing, ironing, none of that!! and plenty of etc.
I then had to begin and finish (in 3 days) a wedding cake, that was in the planning for 6 months but the procrastinating princess like I am left it all to the last minute. I had SIX mudcakes to cook in our crappy oven (Shhh dont tell the new owners!!)and icing flowers to finish.
We went to Kaz and James for tea on Wed, came home and got ready for that exciting event called 'work'.
Thursday saw me decorating from 8am until midnight, and up at 6am to work again.
Had a quick 20 min granny nap on the couch, before going out for dinner, bed midnight.
Saturday was planned by the hour. Up at 8, finish cake!!! Leave at 11, to deliver cake to Outer Harbour, Meeting at 1 - enfield, hair app. at 3.30 - TTG, dinner out at 7.30 - elizabeth ( Lucy was cued to spew at 7 and she did! Hooray.) Bogan party to attend until 2- magill. Call me the Layland brothers.
Sun was meant to be a monarto day with Jac, Cam and Ella, but due to a lucy attending a sleepover at nanna's, and a hangover that grabbed jon by the balls, we slept in till 9.30am (a very quiet yah, cos it really was exciting to sleep in so late)and had to give it a miss, mainly due to a time and cost of petrol equasion, and one VERY grumpy miss.
We spent the arvo with Jons mum and don, then hurried to a very draining meeting with the 'perhaps' future owners of our house, and then hurried to house warming at my sisters new rental flat!!
Ye Gads! We just didnt stop. I really thought that our life would slow down after scouting, but it just doesnt!!
Ohh yeah I forgot to mention that in amongst all of that I had to feed, wash, change nappies, entertain, cuddle, pat to slee[, chase around, tell off and generally look after a 10 month old.
Its no wonder tah t (whoops) I feel brain dead. I have had 7 cups of coffee today and still dont feel any better.
Must go now and sleep, wake me when its all over!

PS Congratulations to Neil and Adrienne.... Pitter Patter, Pitter Patter :)

1 comment:

James said...

I am exhausted just reading your blog. I think you need to ask Lucy for a raise and a holiday...see what she says!