Friday, October 19, 2007

Ahhh - Some free time to blog....

No matter that it is 10.43pm!!!

Here are some pics from the holiday.....
The view from our bungalow - what a view to wake up to each morning....
This is our island resort - Erakor Resort, surrounded by Erakor Lagoon.
Michelle and Glenn at the beginning of their ceremony.

Well I'm way behind in the Adventures of the Hogan's - and so much happens in such a short time that it would really be too boring to list them all! We have also been extraordinarily busy - both working lots to make up for the time we were away.

So I think I will begin with the most exciting and then work my way down - who knows you may end up reading about my trip to the Gyno!!!
Hmmmmm.

The most obvious and most exciting thing that has happened round here is our little trip to the beautiful Vanuatu...... Sigh..... I can still picture it so clearly.... the warm soft breezes... the lush plants....the tropical cocktails!!!!
What a place - what a holiday.
We went over for Jon's sisters Wedding - to the lovely Glenn (our new brother-in-law), and spent 7 nights on a private island resort - Erakor.

It was a family holiday of giant proportions and the whole shebang went.... oh-but did I forget to mention that our two delightful little girls DID NOT go!!!! Whoooopeeeeee.
My mum (god bless her) had them for the week - took the week of work for it......

What we did: Sailing, Snorkeling, Kayaking, Swimming, Touring, Lazing, Reading, Touristing, Eating and Drinking. For a whole week. Yep I know. How good is that.

The water over there is stunning - still crystal clear @ 8-9 metres deep - and about 23deg. Just perfect.
I had not successfully snorkeled before and was a little apprehensive at first - but am now so glad that I gave it a go... having never seen coral and fish and starfish like that before - I must admit that I was in awe.

Michelle and Glenn's wedding day, was perfect. The ceremony was on the beach, they were bare foot and the waves gently crashing in the background was better than any wedding song I have heard.
After the family photo's, the wedding guests (all 16 of us), headed down for Canapes while they had photo's taken. And then it was onto the reception - a wonderful buffet dinner and some very moving speeches.... I had some tears I gotta admit.

We were all very sad to have to head home to Australia, and other parts of the world, only a couple of days after the wedding - as our time there had been so much fun.
It was also wonderful getting to know Glenn's family, and Glenn for that matter - as I had only met him twice in the 6 years they have been together.

Unfortunately time just slips by and we have now been home for 2 weeks, back to normal life-normal routine and work.

But things are about to change round here again as Jon has another new job....(Michelle if we haven't personally told you about this - we apologise...).
Jon is the new head chef at the newly renovated 'Oriental Hotel' on Magill Rd.
Very Exciting stuff! He starts in 2 weeks time, and he cant wait. I haven't been there yet - but lots of people who have say it is good.

My job is going well, and they have just employed another Pastry Chef. She used to work with us at Michele's Patisserie.... so it is like a reunion there. I am really loving it there - they are great to work for, and are happy for us to give lots of idea's and also implement them.
If you live in the Campbeltown area - watch the space - as this bakery is going places I reckon....

Lucy and Aimee are both happy and healthy.
Lucy is still my delightful (?) little 3 yr old...... not sure how great I feel bout being a mum some days - but other moments certainly make up for it all..... (???)
Aimee is crawling round all over the place, walking round furniture and getting way to confidant for a just 9 month old!

Gosh this sounds like a diary entry....

So that is our adventures for the last few weeks - as usual always busy and never bored.
Jon and I have sat down and had dinner together ONCE! in the last month-and that was last night!
Jon did 65 hours work the week we returned!!! Sucks.
But there you are - thats life huh....

Oh yeah, and onto the gyno..... she had these stirrups.........

1 comment:

bubblypunx said...

So good to hear that you had an awesome time!!! catch up soon!!