Thursday, December 29, 2005

Seasons Greetings

Well I hope everyone has had a great couple of days - but thank goodness its all over for another year.

The gifts are all opened, the leftover food is slowly rotting in the fridge and the tinsel on cars now just looks tacky - & its only 4 days after the event!!

We had a good one though, and as with many children round the place - Lucy received way more than she will ever need.
I could get on my soapbox about the huge-ness of marketing, and that its not really about how many gifts you give - or if you are the first person to give gifts to the kids....??? (you know who you are!), But I won't. I think everyone hears it enough.

Before children, Jon and I were very Bah Humbug, but now we have conformed somewhat and it was a great delight to see Lucy enjoying her gifts to the full.

We also have ended the Chrissy Season with a family feud brewing...normally I would say great, bring it on. But this time I'm the one instigating it! Oh dear. Not very merry of me Im afraid.
Im sorry but I wont go into details here. Although those who know my family may well be able to guess who it is with. Hee Hee.

I also did two shifts last week at the greatest bakery in the world.... 26 hours in two days! One was a measly 6 hours, but the other was the full 20 hours. I started at 8am on the 23rd Dec and finished at 4am on the 24th Dec. Ouch! I was on triple time by the end of the shift - Which is now our holiday spending money... I say yah now but wasn't so excited at the time!

Yes it was the dreaded chrissy shift. And every year I swear I will NEVER do another, but this time I mean it!

I have even resigned from my position - for the third time. Pity they don't do farewell gifts/drinks there....
Im onto newer and better things.... My cake business at home, Fanciful Cakes. So if you need a cake - drop me a line!

No comments: