Sunday, July 22, 2007

This time....

I saw this style of blog written some time ago - I loved it & swore that I would do one the same.... & seeing it is our 7th Wedding Anniversary today I thought it would be fitting to do it now.

So here goes - (although it may be best read from the bottom up..)

THIS TIME NOW I am a wife, a mother of a 3yr old & a six month old & a home buyer. I'm not making any cakes but I attend & work at weight watchers, go to 'Contours' gym, go to mums group dinners, mums group play dates, take my nan shopping & catch up with friends as often as I/we can. I am happy, healthy, busy, sometimes frazzled but mostly content.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR I was a mother of one & was newly pregnant with the next. We had been in this house one year, & I had a small but successful cake decorating business. I went to mums group, swimming lessons, kindergym, coffees in child friendly cafe's & lots of friends 30th birthdays.

THIS TIME THREE YEARS ago I was a first time mum of 7 weeks. I was having trouble breastfeeding, was going to bed at 6pm, I stayed in my pj's later then I ever had & I cried alot.
I was recently unemployed & we were living in a house that was only half renovated.
Don't get me wrong, I was learning to enjoy the time of being at home with a new baby & having Jon on holidays for 8 weeks so we could spend some time adjusting to being a "family" was fantastic.

THIS TIME FOUR YEARS ago I was desperate to fall pregnant...
I was working at a well known Patisserie, & then a home wares store & then a country clothing store. We were definite DINK's (double income no kids), we had a wonderful group of friends, played Aqua netball each week - followed by drinks at the pub, & were busy renovating a house that we hoped would become a fantastic investment for us.

THIS TIME FIVE YEARS ago we had finished our time in Rovers, & were on to bigger & better things....like not having ANY commitments on a Sunday evening. And we had begun on our journey to parenthood - too easy, we thought, we will be parents by this time next year.....

THIS TIME SEVEN YEARS ago we were at our Wedding Reception. Sigh. We were 24, in love, working two jobs each & living in a nice unit in Paradise (the suburb - although it was very nice!). Some weeks on we bought our first house & we were settling into a great new bunch of friends, drinking lots of wine, eating & having loads of fun in Rovers.

THIS TIME NINE YEARS ago we were in the heart of Australia, living in a tent in a caravan park. We both had great jobs, we swam in the pool everyday, drank at the pub every evening. I got my first tattoo & a new nose ring. (what funky, hip travellers we thought we were!). We had just gotten back from a job overseas & were newly engaged.

THIS TIME TEN YEARS ago we were newly qualified trades people. I was working for a bakery that sold lots of cakes with cheese in them, & Jon was at the Festival Centre.
We had hardly any money, two cars (??), lived in the dodgiest block of units in a great suburb just out of the city, & had joined a Rover crew (that turned out to be just as dodgy as the place we lived...).
This was obviously the year that we got lazy (two cars & living just out of the city...?) as we seemed to be a bit larger (& larger) in the photos taken at the time.....

THIS TIME THIRTEEN YEARS ago I had begun my apprenticeship, bought my first car & had hooked up with six months previously with one of the apprentice chefs called Jonathan. He had long red hair, was a skater, drank heaps of beer, went abseiling with his mates & was a mad keen Canoe Polo player. Somewhat opposite of me....
We both lived at home & each finally had a stable income. We ate out alot, went on a camping trips, long drives & spent plenty of time...er..um..getting to know...um..each other...cough....

THIS TIME FOURTEEN YEARS ago I was dating some pretty dodgy boys... (cant call them men at 17yrs old...). I was doing a tafe course,was a tiny size 6, worked part time in a bakery, where I was hit upon by a couple of the older (yucky) bakers, & was learning to drive in my dads Datsun 180B.
I was heavily involved with scouting, sailing, rowing, camping, comedy capers, my best friends, musicals & movies. How very thrilling.....
I was living at home, & even had to beg (for a full fortnight) my parents to let me fly to Port Lincoln for my boyfriend's (at the time) 18th birthday.

THIS TIME.... well I think I will save all the thrilling details of my very scouting, non drinking/non smoking parents, private school attending, upbringing for another time - don't you agree?

1 comment:

Lou Lou said...

Happy Anniversary for the other day!
That was a good post - it's interesting to look back on what we used to do ... you get so caught up in the here and now, it's nice to reflect!
Yes - It would be good to catch up soon.